If you find yourself with an unfortunate hangover, skip the fast food fix- try my nutrient RICH whole food solution full of soluble fiber, protein, and heart healthy unsaturated fats. This remedy will soothe your digestion and replenish your body with the nutrients it needs naturally. Feel better faster…without the fast food guilt.
Plan ahead: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate AND take b vitamins prior to bed.
- Probiotics- I prefer the liquid version but whatever works for you;
- Sushi rolls made with brown rice, tuna, avocado + wheat free tamari; (BONUS: ginger naturally combats nausea);
- Egg whites and lean proteins are a good substitute if you don’t like fish;
- Green tea + high silicate content water (think Fiji or Evian);
- Alcohol is a diuretic-depleting the body of potassium. Boost potassium intake (try white beans, sweet potatoes, bananas, green leafy vegetables, or prunes).
- Eat small portions throughout the day and avoid “hair of the dog” talk-it doesn’t work.
Potassium in a pinch: Vitamin H20 ZERO: Revive flavor ONLY (contains 600mg potassium)
Consider it a gift to yourself to make 2015 your year to look and feel better. Learn about my approach to diet and nutrition and schedule online at kyoungnutrition.com.