Find yourself looking for a post holiday plan to eliminate the toxins and get back on track?
I get asked a lot about the various diets for detoxification. To be honest, I don’t endorse any of them. Shocking your body with extreme diets isn’t good for your major organs and won’t equal long term success especially for weight loss.
A better way is to avoid over toxicity in the first place by limiting your intake of fried food, processed food, sugar, artificial sweeteners, alcohol and high fat content meat. Of course, holidays and vacations are going to happen.
Here are a few techniques that will encourage a more natural approach for detoxification. Be mindful? Pay attention to your mood, your energy levels and any cravings you notice? Your body just might be telling you something.
- Alternate between drinking plain fresh water and organic green or herbal tea (iced hibiscus is my favorite)
- Start your morning with hot lemon water (maybe add organic apple cider vinegar)
- Try Traditional Medicinals brand: Everyday Detox tea
- Choose one day to go completely meatless
- Choose one day to eliminate all sugar- including fruit
- Try to eat nothing processed (this includes powders, bars, bread, crackers, raw food processed snacks …etc )
Just like sleeping- your body thrives on dietary consistency too. Your body is an amazing physiologic engine, give it the right fuel on a regular basis and you’ll see just how well it responds.
Kimberly Young, MS, CNS is a practicing nutritionist, writer and educator conveniently located in Dallas. She holds her Masters in Human Nutrition and is trained in nutrition biochemistry and functional nutrition therapy. Learn more about her services and unique approach at https://kyoungnutrition.com/services/.