Many of my clients ask me about how to detoxify their bodies. First, I don’t recommend extreme dieting or “shocking” your body. For long term success, wouldn’t a better approach be to avoid feeling toxic in the first place?
Here are some simple ways to detoxify yourself as a way of life, rather than an extreme once-in-a-while way:
- Limit your intake of fried and processed food (that’s anything in a wrapper- ANYthing)
- Limit refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, alcohol and soda
- Alternate between drinking plain water and organic green tea
- Start your morning with a cup of hot lemon water, organic apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper
- Try Traditional Medicinals brand: Everyday Detox tea
- Choose one day to go completely meatless
- Pack your daily diet with a selection of antioxidant rich dark colored vegetables
- Incorporate a daily probiotic, and switch it up from time to time
Notice these are about your lifestyle- not a diet. Let these good things become a daily habit.
Yes, it takes time. But believe me, these changes are easier to implement and the results last a whole lot longer. AND, oh yeah- it feels so good!